And the "Greatest Aunt" award goes to...(drum roll please)....

3:32 PM / Posted by BYU Loser /

10 reasons why I am the worlds Greatest Aunt:

1. I love chasing Jacks around the kitchen island for hours upon hours.
2. I search high and low for that incredibly small stupid toy just so I could hear Jack's squeal of excitement when I find it.
3. I love digging for worms with Jacks just to hear him say "Where are you, Mr. Wormie?" and "Oh, look at the cute little one!" Even if it means digging up Grandma's beets in the vegetable garden.
4. I am more than willing to help Jacks take a bath, brush his teeth, take care of the nasty diapers or now, when he has an "accident" in his underwear, and clean up after his up-chuck.
 All of which I have done.
5. I have driven the one way hour drive just to babysit him, on a Friday night, for a few hours so his parents can get out for a while. 
6.  I can play a mean game of tackle football, soccer and "The Green Latern vs. Spiderman". 
7.  I am not a typical girl. I don't mind getting dirty or sweaty. So when Jacks needs to be entertained for a good chunk of time,  I came to the rescue with this:
8. If he asks, "Where is my house?", "Where are my tools?" or "Where is my red train?", I know exactly what he is talking about, where it is at, and take Jacks to go find it.
9. I have no shame. So when Jacks wanted to play with my computer, we did this:
And I then told all of my friends how awesome my nephew is when I showed them this picture. 
10. Who else is willing to miss their classes right before finals, work (which they only get paid hourly), and hanging out with friends just to be with this kid:

As you can see, I am the worlds Greatest Aunt!

*Bonus Reason*: I have given the newest Crossley the nickname of Ladybug. She should be making her grand entrance into the world next week, and I couldn't be more excited! 


P.S. 32 more days until San Jose!

3 comments:

Comment by L on September 7, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Oh my gosh! I LOVE this post. I had no idea you made goo with him. Thank you for being so awesome!

Comment by Mycket on September 8, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Only by proxemity, my friend. Only proxemity. Plus, you'll be gone for 18 months. I am totally taking over. With Jax and the kid.

Comment by BYU Loser on September 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I may be leaving for 18 months, but no amounts of prosperity will ever replace the memories of Grandma getting upset over how Jacks and I dug up her beets and then how we sat there in the garden and laughed and laughing....... nothing can replace that. As for Ladybug, she won't remember you either, as a matter of fact, she won't remember anything for the first 18 months of her life. So good luck trying to take over my title.

Post a Comment