A little taste of San Jose...

10:34 AM / Posted by BYU Loser /

On Saturday, I went here:

For these super cool people: Brandon and Chantel were both able to go through the Draper temple on the same day to receive their endowments. It was amazing! It was great to be in the Celestial room with so many friends that I consider to be my second family. Brandon leaves on Sept 30 to the Ventura California (woot-woot!) Spanish speaking mission, and Chantel leaves on Nov 4 to the Domincan Republic Santo Domingo West Mission Spanish speaking, which means for a brief moment in the MTC, all three of us will be there together.
We are going to rock the world with the gospel! 
Me on the Pacific coast, and Chan in the Caribbean!

While Chan, Erin and I were pondering (more like trying to hide our laughter) in the Celestial room, Chan leaned over to me and happened to mention that the temple matron and her husband served as the mission president in San Jose. I thought that was pretty cool, but as we started to leave, I realized that I couldn't walk out the temple doors without talking to them. So I tracked down the temple matron, Sis. Fitzgerald. Her and her husband, Pres. Fitzgerald (the second counselor in the temple presidency), served in San Jose from 1999-2002. She then went on to tell me about how wonderful the mission is. She said that I will be fluent in the language because in the southern part of the mission, the majority of the people only speak Spanish and alot of them work in the strawberry fields. Sis. Fitzgerald also said that the weather is almost perfect all year round, the area is gorgeous and diverse, the people are fantastic, and how there is a little garden in the backyard of the misison home that they call "The Garden of Eden".  Needless to say, I am really excited to serve! 
This is Pres. and Sis. Fitzgerald. I know this is a crappy picture, but it is the only one I could find of them after I searched (more like stalked) the internet for a decent picture. Apparently, no one that served a mission in San Jose from 1999-2002 wants to posts pictures of their missions.



29 more days until San Jose!

0 comments:

Post a Comment